Labels

Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Road

Well, roads rather.  The roads in Kenya are the only thing that really make me want to go home.  They are bumpy, full of pot holes, and follow and incredibly illogical route.  The roads in Kenya are like the neurons of a crazy person - utterly chaotic and firing off in every direction.  And then you add to these lovely Kenyan roads the even more lovely Kenyan drivers.  Driving in Kenya is like bumper cars all the time.  No one follows any traffic laws of any sort.  Every time I get home, I'm relieved that we weren't car jacked or hit by a matatu.  When I get back to California, whenever that may be, I will have a new found respect for traffic lights and stop signs, and even an orderly six lane freeway.  I suppose you never know what you'll really appreciate till you don't have it any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment